WHAT IS DEPRESSION?
The Merriam-Webster’s dictionary defines depression as (1) : scenario of feeling sad : DEJECTION (2) : a psycho-neurotic or psychotic disorder marked especially by sadness, inactivity, difficulty in thinking and concentration, a substantial increase or loss of appetite and time spent sleeping, feelings of dejection and hopelessness, and quite often suicidal tendencies c(1) : reverse mortgage activity, amount, quality, or force (2) : a cut in vitality or functional activity.
Depression is a concern that cuts across all class of folks. A lot of an individual have died on account of depression. Some people have even committed suicide, on account of depression. Depression is certainly a sad feeling which enables a person feel rejected and lonely. This feeling on occasion comes to everybody. But the deference influences way we answer it.
Depression is often a psychological problem. Depression without a doubt is one of the problems we’ve got in the society. Severe depression is probably the most common factors for suicide.
SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
1. Lack of desire and pleasure for things once enjoyed.
2. Feeling of total worthlessness.
3. A feeling of unhappiness.
4. Sleeplessness (insomnia): Difficulty to blend an early night sleep and an earlier rise. Poor or excessive sleep.
5. Feeling of total hopelessness. You just believe that things are bad as there are nothing you can use about it. And that it’ll never advance.
6. Fatigue: Absence of physical strength. You are unable to even complete the particular task or duty.
7. Self-withdrawal from normal life activity.
8. Lose of appetite or older eating.
9. Feeling of inferiority complex or self-reproach.
10. Change in eating or bowel habits. Lose of apatite or overeating.
HOW TO DEAL WITH DEPRESSION
1. Find out the fundamental cause of your depression. Try to find out your reason for feeling depressed. This is because you simply can’t solve problems that you’ve not diagnosed the fundamental cause. This is the step one in dealing with depression.
2. Talking to others and pouring out your heart is among the best ways to manage depression. Talk to somebody you can rely. It is said that an issue shared is half solved. Trying to keep it to yourself will rather worsen your trouble. So attempt to share with somebody whatever is causing you to feel depressed.
3. Doing things for some, in addition to yourself go a long way to remedy the problem. A young man some time ago lost his job, his visa expired so many negative things were happening in their life simultaneously. He became so depressed which he even thought that they might soon add too much, but he decided to go and are employed in a Non-Governmental Organization (N.G.O.), only to get busy since he previously had no job. After 4 weeks of using the services of the N.G.O., the depression left him. He later got a position, cleared his papers and became pleased again. So doing things for other individuals can bring healing to a person who is depressed…